[RFI] Another RFI question

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Another RFI question
From: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 16:35:12 -0500
My plasma TV is on today.  I see these noise spikes and major ones are every
240 Khz.  Does that sound like a battery charger or switching supply in the TV?
 The strongest is on 3.857 and I can tune up or down 240 Khz and there it is
again only weaker, but my dipole is tuned for 3.8 so it's not as resonant on
the other frequencies.  The 3.857 spike is almost S9 +20 and it pulses up and
down in strength sort of intermittently.   I can maybe do a screen shot and or
audio recording if it would be of interest.

I did order the #31 mix 2.4 inch donuts today, six, from Mouser along with a
few other parts for a different project.  I could not find the .47 caps that
K9YC mentions in the RF manual on page 22 figure 30, a home-brew brute force
filter.  I'm going to build this filter and try to install it on that TV
sometime in the future.

That RFI manual that K9YC put together is a wealth of information, I printed
all 66 pages and yesterday I read though it quickly, but darn-it if I misplaced
it.  Oh-well, I'll just have to print another.

73
Dale, k9vuj