Re: [RFI] KG2V's new RFI rule of thumb...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] KG2V's new RFI rule of thumb...
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 05:53:39 -0400
Anecdote: I was once called to a Ham EMI complaint involving one of my then-employers pole and wire-mounted subscriber equipments; a harmonic of its 1.024 MHz clock was interfering with a 2 meter repeater the Amateur wanted to hear. A predecessor had left *42* ferrites on the inputs and subscriber drops, which MIGHT have made *1dB* improvement.

Back in the lab, I was able to knock it down by adding a (IIRC 39 Ohm) resistor to the clock line on the legacy single-sided board.