Re: [RFI] Keyboard RFI

To: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Keyboard RFI
From: Patrick <wa4tuk-rf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:15:13 -0400
Charlie:

I returned a refurbished (guaranteed like new) TV to the store years ago because a potential existed between the shield of the tuner input to ground. It would make a visable arc when the braid touched the F connector.

While the TV was connected to cable for the few days I kept it, I could hear hash noise on an AM radio as I drove up to the house.

When asked what the problem was with the unit when returned, I replied excessive leakage and RF noise. The counter person said "huh?". Then I said "The TV shocks me". No more discussion needed.

The CATV coming into your house should have a grounding block tied to the house ground.

Now if you are saying the center of the coax to ground has a 50 volt potential, count yourself lucky that you still have a working tuner.

Best of Luck!

Pat
wa4tuk