Re: [RFI] Fw: RF tight rooms - somewhat OT

To: "Dale" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>, "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fw: RF tight rooms - somewhat OT
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 18:25:50 -0500
Prior to my retirement in 2002 my primary objective was getting cell phone and radio coverage into almost every square foot of corporate buildings which were designed to limit the EMI, RF, and computer noise egress and ingress. Metal decks, metal wall panels and metal film or foil backing on ceiling and wall panels along with metal oxide or metalized exterior glass were in the building specifications and that's how the buildings were built. Along about the time glass and doors were hung, I'd be called to fix the cell phone and on-site two way radio coverage in-building. See http://www.emr.com/ for some of the BDA systems which evolved to solve my problems; multi-channel gain block Bi-Directional Amplifiers for Motorola trunking systems (think one HT on one channel very close to the BDA and another HT on a different channel at the maximum distance from the BDA during a time when four channels are being used).

I have no relationship of any kind with EMR Corp. I used EMR products some of which were designed specifically for State Farm Mutual Insurance Companies.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Dale