Re: [RFI] Linear wall wart - heap cheap

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Linear wall wart - heap cheap
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:18:20 -0700
"Given that linear supplies are getting a bit rare these days"

I have always suggested, and always will suggest, "Thrift" shops.  I could
fill my pickup several inches deep in a day at a typical cost of 25 cents
per linear wall wart.  They are drowning in the things and chances are you
can get them in
bulk for a couple bucks, they hate the weight and tangled wires more than we
hate RFI.  I used to grab every interesting one I saw and
gave up after filling about six bankers boxes.  You will find an equate
amount of SMPS warts as well, from about three volts to about 48 volts at up
to several amps and on occasion, a few tens of amps for similar price.

Kurt