Re: [RFI] TVI Question

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI Question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:18:03 -0700
On 4/24/2013 9:28 AM, Gary Smith wrote:
Sounds like a case of just way too much power and no frequency control of it.

NOT TRUE. The problem is almost always poor design/construction of the victim equipment. Study my RFI tutorial, previously referenced. The CBer you described may have been running more than the 5W he was authorized, but it is VERY unlikely he was running more than the 1.5kW we are authorized, and hundreds of thousands of hams around the world manage to run that sort of power with no issues if problems in victim equipment are corrected.