[RFI] coaxial entrance panel

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] coaxial entrance panel
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:01:45 -0200
Hello

Actually I have a mess of coaxial going inside the shack to the different
antennas switches and six-pack. I disconnect always when leaving the
station, but now are up to 16 things to connect and disconnect (antennas,
rotors, beverages) all around the shack.

Is time to do a restructure of this. I read that the best way is to ground
all coaxial in a copper bar, maybe doing a hole in the wall of the shack to
install the copper bar to connect all of that. So I have a common place to
connect all and not in different places like now.

I have a question about that. It´s OK to install a SO239 barrel on the
copper bar or is better to install a coaxial surge arrestor
(http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/hofi-lp.htm) for that?

I think a right angle barrel or surge arrestor will be better, so the
coaxial will come below the ground to the shack wall, then climb vertically
against the wall till the copper bar and then inside the shack go horizontal
to the diferents boxes.

Any idea or suggestion about that?

If you have photos are better for me to understand, my English vocabulary
not good, some photos helps a lot to understand

Thanks!

Jorge

CX6VM/CW5W