Re: [RFI] LCD Monitors

To: "'Jim Miller'" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>, "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LCD Monitors
From: "Kjell W. Strom" <strom.lime@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:46:30 +0100
Jim,

It is the back light which is using LEDs, the screen is still
LCD. It always gets confusing when the marketing departments are
trying to describe technology. I used to work with giant
screens, where each pixel consisted of several LEDs. There you
could speak of LED TV!

73,
Kjell, PB3SM - SM6CPI

Miller