Re: [RFI] Mains filter for test bench

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mains filter for test bench
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:37:50 -0900
My bench filter is built into a large plastic electrical enclosure.

Input cable

to bifilar (H-N) 12 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,
to bifilar (H-N) 12 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,

to Corcom 20EMC6 filter,

to trifilar (H-N-G) 10 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,
to trifilar (H-N-G) 10 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,

to Corcom 20EMC6 filter,

to bifilar (H-N) 12 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,
to bifilar (H-N) 12 turns on 2.4" type 31 toroid,

output cable

Layout and toroid placement/orientation to minimize inter-stage coupling.

Check out cor.com for specs, filters available via mouser or often found
on EBAY for good prices.