[RFI] 2.4" OD #31 toroids

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] 2.4" OD #31 toroids
From: Tim Groat <tcgroat@mesanetworks.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:37:48 -0700
> Also, since this is a receiving application, I assume I can get by with
> a single core to keep the cost and bulk down.  Wrong?

That probably won't work well. The core would couple the windings
together, so that the voltage drop between the first coil and center-tap
(primary) would be injected back into the second coil (secondary) by
transformer action.

It would be better to use two separate cores, which could be a bit
smaller, spaced apart from each other to reduce capacitive coupling
between them.

73,
--Tim (KR0U)