Re: [RFI] Smart meters

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smart meters
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:10:56 -0500
On 2012-01-16, at 4:29 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> Hardly. This thinking ignores the issues of real world power loading.
> Power generation and distribution must be built based on worst case peak
> demands, and peak demands are during workday daylight hours, and
> especially during the summer.  If some large discretionary loading
> (running an air conditioner or a clothes dryer,  running a pump to water
> crops or a garden, cooking a meal on an electric stove or in an electric
> oven) can be shifted from those peak hours to off-peak hours, the power
> system doesn't need to build as much capacity.

Hi Jim,

No offence intended, but it's obvious that you don't know too much about our
beloved Premier "Dad " Dalton McGuinty, or what his Liberal reign has meant to
us long-suffering residents of Ontario...

Just ask any VE3-type about wind-generation, "no new taxes", the harmonized
sales tax, ad nauseam.

But I digress from the intent of this Reflector...apologies to all, enough said!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ