Re: [RFI] TV turns on-off when TX

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] TV turns on-off when TX
From: K8TB <k8tb@bosscher.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:03:09 -0500
Steve,
     Find where the IR sensor is on the TV. Cover that with electrical
tape and make sure it is covered by testing it with the remote control.
Now, key up your radio. I have seen interference to IR controlled
equipment by defective lights, usually florescent. A small possibility
that your RF is triggering a lamp in the room that is sending out IR
light that is triggering the TV IR sensor. Not saying this is the case,
but at broadcast radio stations, I've had to cover/disable IR sensors so
the equipment worked properly, due to interference from lights in the room.

     tom k8tb