Re: [RFI] Comparing Lightning Arrestors?

To: myles landstein <myles.landstein@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Comparing Lightning Arrestors?
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 21:14:53 -0400
On 5/16/2011 myles landstein wrote:

> While I understand what you are saying,  "Nothing will protect from
> a direct hit'  , and of course  recommend disconnecting ...

> But  I disagree,  their have been  stations both amateur and
> commercial  that have survived several direct hits   ,  they were simply
> designed  properly.

Of course they can - you have any idea how many times a year the master antenna
at the Empire State building gets hit?  I'll tell you the TV stations don't go
off the air

BTW - the answer is about 100 times/year

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)