Re: [RFI] LED streetlight noise.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlight noise.
From: roncasa <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 08:30:38 -0400
On 5/3/2011 11:27 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:

> OK.  I haven't noticed any noise from passing under streetlights, passing
> near the control boxes, or waiting next to them while at a red light.  My
> old antenna was on the right rear corner of my truck so would have been
> within a few feet of most boxes, nothign heard.

you must live in heaven ....  (smile)

try AM; the traffic lights raise havac on these freqs. I cannot use my
HF rig if stopped at the light
AND, some aren't using LED type lighting, yet. FM fares better but
(depending the station distance) sometimes the signal
is reduced.
You won't notice it using 2 meters.

72
Ron