Re: [RFI] Interesting Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Interesting Noise
From: Doug Rehman <doug@k4ac.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:05:52 -0500
I've received several emails indicating rain/precipitation static. I don't
think so as:

1) the antenna it was connected to is at DC ground (halo loop)

2) there is a surge suppressor in the outside connect panel

3) there's another surge suppressor at the input to the radio

4) I've been in Florida for a lot of years and this is the first time I've
ever heard anything like this on 2 meters. It sounded very much like line
noise (which I've spent the better part of a year working with the local
power company to eliminate).

5) although the rain continued at a heavy rate for about an hour, the noise
only lasted a few minutes (never had this happen before either)

Doug
K4AC