Re: [RFI] Handheld Rx for Topband

To: g8ewt@diacon.co.uk, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Handheld Rx for Topband
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:10:15 EST
I've used an Icom IC-R10 for following noise, and have had good luck with
it.  I assume current versions of the radio would be fine.

Keep in mind that with the rubber duck antenna provided you won't hear
much of anything at the low frequencies. In my case I do much of my listening
from by bicycle, where a 2 meter 5/8 wave antenna mounted to the aluminum
rear rack provides a decent signal, at least at somewhat higher frequencies
(7  MHz and above).

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 3/12/2010 8:30:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,