Re: [RFI] elevator noise

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] elevator noise
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:46:55 -0700
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 10:21:41 -0400, myles landstein wrote:

>> Was wondering if anyone might have  some suggestions  to   fix  or
>> reduce  the  type of noise I am getting...

See the discussion of variable speed motor drives in

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

The likely cause of the problem is radiation from current flowing in a loop
between the motor and the motor controller through ground. An AC line filter
will do nothing to fix that. The problem must be solved by modifying circuitry
(and/or wiring) in the loop carrying that current. If I were you I would call
the FCC, and I would also try to get ARRL involved.

73,

Jim K9YC