[RFI] Toroid Transformers

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Toroid Transformers
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:36:53 -0400
This is somewhat off the topic of RFI but I have a question about toroid
transformers and thought this was a knowledgeable place for them.

I found what is listed as a 3.6KVA toroidal autotransformer to step up
120VAC to 240VAC.  What I would like to know is will it work in reverse,
i.e., step down 240VAC to 120VAC?  If it were a regular transformer, I
would not be asking this question.  I do not know if toroidal
transformers work in reverse. I suspect they don't.

I have a 2KW linear which has a power transformer with a 120VAC primary.
  I don't want to have to run a separate 120VAC line to supply this linear.

David
KW4DH