[RFI] I'm going to check it out Was (Alternative Power Source Questions)

To: ve3gsi@canada.com
Subject: [RFI] I'm going to check it out Was (Alternative Power Source Questions)
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 01:23:27 -0500
I have a meeting set up this Friday afternoon to talk with a local
outfit that leases Photovoltaic systems.  No up front charges.  I'm not
sure where we can put the panels although the shop roof might be good.
OTOH I had planned on installing a couple of heavy duty water heaters up
there with underground storage. I'm not sure if we really have room due
to the woods at the back (West) although they are a good 100' from the
house.  I'm looking at possibly a 5 to 6 KW installation.  So we are
going to have a good discussion of the hardware involved.  I'd really
like to try one of those inverters on a large battery pack up close to
see what we get.   He has a year backlog on installations.

73

Roger (K8RI)