Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Susceptibility of DTV?
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:48:36 EST
In all this it may be good to consider how cable TV got started. CATV -
that's not CAble TV, but Community Antennna TV - started in places where
residents couldn't get TV off the air because they were located in valleys or
other
places where TV signals just wouldn't go. (I think the very first  system was
in NE Pennsylvania.)  So some enterprising people (hams?)  put antennas up on
the hilltops, and sent those signals down on wires to the  people in the
lowlands.

It was only many years later that these cable providers began offering
non-off-the-air programming, notably HBO. And the rest is history.

So please remember that there have always been times and places where  some
people couldn't get over the air TV.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 1/23/2009 6:14:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,