Re: [RFI] You think YOU have RFI problems? ;-)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] You think YOU have RFI problems? ;-)
From: "Howard Lester" <hlester@dakotacom.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:19:12 -0700
From: "Jim Brown"  wrote

> I have a great photo in one of my EMC power point presentations (for audio
> guys) of a big Greek Orthodox Church built on land that immediately
> borders
> the radial field of WJJD, a 50 kW 4-tower directional on 1160 kHz. I would
> love to have been a fly on the wall when the real estate developer sold
> them
> that land -- "Have I got a deal for you!"

I bet they enjoy hearing rap "music" coming through their PA system during
church services... ;-)

Yes, Green Bank was there first, and the interlopers need to accommodate
their activities to the declared status of the environment. I guess it's too
bad the wireless gadget folks had to choose 2.4 GHz(?) for all their
devices. The developers who sold the land should have warned people that one
day, far into the future, someone will develop what they'll call a "wireless
technology" that allows you to do all kinds of "Jetsons" activities... but
here you won't be able to "'cause a some pulsar thing they got goin' over
there."

Howard N7SO