Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"

To: EP Swynar <gswynar@durham.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"
From: Kirb Nesbitt <k.nesbitt@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:19:00 -0600
Ed,
it is most likely an Itron system. Can you determine whether it is a
wired (PLC based) or 900 Mhz wireless? Itron along with many other
AMR/ANI systems use the 902-923 Mhz band for communication between their
Mesh/data collector sites and the meter ERT units. I have heard reports
out of Ontario that RAC is looking into the interference potential as it
pertains to licensed amateur radio operation in the 900 Mhz band.

73,

Kirb - VE6IV