Re: [RFI] RFI Frustration

To: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>, Jim P <jvpoll@dallas.net>, RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Frustration
From: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:46:19 -0800
Jim,

Yes, I used a single turn,  maybe it was 8 inches in diameter.  I hooked
one each to the BNC binding posts to make a loop.  I taped the loop on
the cardboard to keep it circular, and put the Pomona adapter at the
bottom.  I used #20 Teflon-silver wire as it was what I had handy.
I was going to make the coax magnetic loop Cortland KA5S showed me one
time, but decided to start with the simplest thing that might work, and
it worked.  It wasn't that sensitive, but it was very directional, and
the RFI was no trouble to find with it.
73 es GL,