Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - Inpact of Aging

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - Inpact of Aging
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:53:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
While living in the hills above Santa Rosa CA, a 6-month-old CFL I'd put in the
unheated laundry room expired noisily.  Although some distance from my
antennas, it produced s9+ noise from 160m - 10m.  I was getting ready to move
at the time, so was unable to send it off to Ed Hare for failure aalysis.

Now that I live in Michigan*, I am "cold-testing" CFL's in outdoor lamp
fixtures. Stay tuned.   I still have some LISN's and my "new" 8590 arrived last
week, too.

*(Except my employer has me in _Burbank_ for a while.)

Cortland
KA5S