Re: [RFI] Buying New Vehicle - RFI issues with these models?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Buying New Vehicle - RFI issues with these models?
From: "Randy" <hamradio@oz.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 07:58:14 -0700
I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna van and have had no computer problems running
200 watts with a TS-480HX.  The ignition noise is pretty high, though, but I
am living with it.  I probably could improve things if I made an effort.

I also have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma pickup.  I have not tried it on HF yet but
on 6 meters SSB and AM, the ignition noise is very low so I am hopeful that
it won't be too bad on HF, either.  And 100 watts of 6 meter SSB has not
caused a computer problem.  Later in the year I am planning on having HF in
this vehicle too and will keep my fingers crossed.

Wouldn't it be great to have a modern vehicle with no computer, fuel pump,
or ignition RFI problems?  Does such a thing exist these days?

I guess the point is, problems seem to really depend on specific year and
model, not just manufacturer.

de Randy, W7HR
Port Orchard, WA