Re: [RFI] N6TR JA noise update

To: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] N6TR JA noise update
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:16:49 -0800
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 01:06:56PM -0500, Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:

> Have you snooped around the nursery?  They could have all manner of
> automatically controlled valves, heaters, and lighting.

Hi Dan.

I have wandered over there some with my 160 meter receiving loop and
battery powered K2.  The thought of a heater in a green house was an
obvious thing to consider.  Probably the biggest piece of data I have
against that would be that it was very cold this AM, and the noise was
hardly present at all.

The power lines I am looking at go to one small building - that appears
to be a pump house for the nursery.  It is possible that is the source.

There isn't much else hooked up to power lines.  There is a new barn that
was built near the bottom of the screen - and I was thinking it could be
someone's battery charged tool that was being used for the building.

I am close to buying my own Ionic Breeze to see if the noises it can
make match up to the ones I am hearing.

Tree