Re: [RFI] second floor grounding

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] second floor grounding
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:29:09 -0700
There are several tutorials on my website that should help you
understand the issues.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/publish

Start with a careful study the "Power and Grounding" tutorial as
background. I am planning to write an expanded version of this for
ham radio.

Also look at the material on "the pin 1 problem" and the material on
ferrites (for background on how RFI happens), including the Power
Point pdf's.

I operated for several years from a second floor shack (that was
also my office) and simple wire antennas in my home in Chicago, with
no problems related to "grounding." See

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/K9YC/k9ycant.htm

Jim Brown K9YC