Re: [RFI] Christian Science Monitor article re BPL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Christian Science Monitor article re BPL
From: digital-conjurers@adelphia.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:18:05 -0700
Thanks, Jim, for posting this.

Every time I read what some partially-aware, erring journalist has to say about
this, I make it a point to write them politely and try and set them straight.
In this instance, the case made by the ARRL is being referred to as "claims".

After all the research, tests, measurements, case reports, impact reports, etc,
that's been done, you'd think Mr. Lamb could look into it himself on the ARRL
BPL section, and see that the case is not one of mere "claims", but of proven
_facts_.   As Mr. Lamb is a "Science Writer", you'd think he'd have more sense.

In any case, think about putting your .02 in to these people when you hear the
subject discussed in a partially infomed fashion; like old Jack Webb used to
intone,

"Just the facts, m'am."

-Lin/KJ6EF

"Assume you are a Reporter; now, assume you are an idiot.  But, I repeat
myself..."

-Unknown