Re: [RFI] HYBRID

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HYBRID
From: Dave Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 21:48:05 -0400
This is from an engineering friend at Ford:

Found a manual and here is the only excerpt that mentions amateur or ham radio:

• The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Canadian Radio
Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) regulate the use of mobile
communications systems — such as two-way radios, telephones and
theft alarms - that are equipped with radio transmitters. Any such
equipment installed in your vehicle should comply with FCC or CRTC
regulations and should be installed only by a qualified service
technician.

• Mobile communications systems may harm the operation of your
vehicle, particularly if they are not properly designed for automotive
use.

• To avoid interference with other vehicle functions, such as anti-lock
braking systems, amateur radio users who install radios and antennas
onto their vehicle should not locate the Amateur Radio Antennas in
the area of the driver’s side hood.

• Electrical or electronic accessories or components that are added to
the vehicle by the dealer or the owner may adversely affect battery
performance and durability.

I lurk on the reflector with my work account but do not want to post from that
account for the risk of becoming the Ford focal point when that activity is
supposed to be the dealer.  I can't post from my home account since that one
isn't registered.

Feel free to post this if you would like.

Earl