Re: [RFI] PG&E IR line fault detection advertisements

To: <richard@karlquist.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] PG&E IR line fault detection advertisements
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:45:04 -0600
Check out:

Infrared Thermography and Distribution System Maintenance
http://www.maintenanceworld.com/Articles/leboldJ/utility_boldstar.pdf

and

Electrical Systems
http://www.infraredsolutions.com/html/applications/electricalSystemsF.shtml

for a sample of what IR can 'show'.

Also:

Improving the Infrared Inspection of Distribution Systems
http://www.epri.com/programHigh.asp?program=224780&objid=261512

alludes to current IR inspection 'process' at TXU Electric.

Jim P  /  WB5WPA  /