Re: [RFI] New to the Group

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New to the Group
From: Ian White G3SEK <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:10:30 +0000
Cortland Richmond wrote:
>I hope these cautions are NOT seen as "dragging a newcomer across the
>coals." I certainly didn't have that in mind!

Neither did I, and I do hope Mac didn't see it that way.

It's simply that surplus ferrite is a nightmare for the buyer. In this
particular case, the seller is making no representation about the type
of beads; and the buyer can see that.

Sometimes you have to pay extra, just to be sure what it is you've
bought. As in one of Terry Pratchett's books:

"Curry with meat: 10 pennies.
  Curry with NAMED meat: 20 pennies."

These days, I always buy NAMED ferrite.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek