Re: [RFI] Anyone know what this might be

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone know what this might be
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:03:27 -0800
I DF'd the noise tonight then went out scouring the neighborhood with
my FT-817 and a whip.  I couldn't find the source.  It's S9 in a 6KHz
bandwidth in AM with my 3 element yagi aimed at the source so it's
fairly strong, but not strong enough to hear on my whip.

I recorded the noise as .wav file and put it on my website.  At first
I thought it sounded like white noise, but now I realize that it
sounds more like a motor starting up or something.  The noise lasts
about 1 second and repeats every 24 seconds. I'd love to have people
listen to it and help me identify the source.

You can find the file on my website at:
www.kellyandshari.com/n6kj.html

Click on the RFI-1 link near the bottom of the page.