[RFI] TVI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] TVI
From: Ron Feutz <feutz@wctc.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:12:21 -0600

Gentlemen,

I am getting a bit of TVI. At high power on 40-160, the digital TV signal occasionally "locks up". My antennas are all at least 400 feet from the house. The problem has to be the rf getting into the digital convertor boxes on either the AC lines or the phone/CAT 5 lines from the phone company (the phone co. is also the cable co).

I think the answer is big torroids on the incoming AC, CAT5 and phone lines to the digital convertors.

From reading the archives, 2" #73 torroids appear to be right.

Is my approach right?

If so, where do I get the torroids? Wireman has some big torroids but doesn't say wha

Ron KK9K