[RFI] RF Impedance measurement

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RF Impedance measurement
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:24:13 -0400
All,
I could use your thoughts and experience with measuring RF impedances with "less than lab quality" commercial equipment. I would like to measure and characterize things like antennas, baluns, ununs, etc over our typical HF range. I have an old MFJ 259 but it lacks direct R and X measurement. So I am looking at the MFJ 259B and Autek VA-1. Both seem capable and my MFJ 259 has been OK for antenna work I have done in the past. I have had a good history with Autek products also. Any pro and con experience would be appreciated. Also, any other options would be useful.
Thanks,
George .. W1ZT