RE: [RFI] ECM...etc.

To: <jimjarvis@comcast.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] ECM...etc.
From: "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:53:13 -0400
If BPL gets deployed, we'll need some ECM.

Since BPL advocates occasionally cite energy management as a rationale
for deploying BPL, its a useful topic to understand. They don't push
very hard on this, and I've never found anything substantive behind
their references. I beginning to think its mostly smoke.

Offering electricity users lower rates for off-peak usage would be a
win-win for everyone, and requires only that the house meter be
appropriately upgraded; being able to read this meter via the internet
would save some labor costs and provide more convenient real-time
readout to the consumer, but any network connection -- BPL, cable, or
DSL -- could provide this. Pay-per-view satellite receivers use
telephone lines to report usage information.

      73,

            Dave, AA6YQ