Re: [RFI] Editorial on BPL in Electronic Design Magazine

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Editorial on BPL in Electronic Design Magazine
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:26:48 -0500

Hey, this sounds cool - - use fiber to get the signal to an area, then WiMax to deliver to homes, and presto, no need for BPL at all.

I loved the comment from Corridor -- what the heck is this business about " The fundamental transport is via a surfacewave mode, which is simultaneously very low loss and substantially non-radiating"? Have they repealed the laws of physics?

>substantially non-radiating

I think "substantially" is a CYA word which means "less than 50% of the power
is radiated".       ----Whoopeee!?!?