[RFI] RE: low vhf

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RE: low vhf
From: Berry W6EZ <serazin@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:11:50 -0700

CHP does not operate in city neighborhoods.
So it is a nonissue with the usual city BPL trials.

Rick N6RK

I suppose this may be true in some places but in my city (Modesto, CA) there are several highways that run through town.
One major high way runs across the west side about 1 mile from my home. The main drag through town is also a highway
and the CHP operates on certain county roads to control commuters from the bay area. ALL of these venues mean that in
most areas of the city, every residence is within 1 1/2 miles of an area where the chp patrols.

In my case, the chp patrols less than 60 yards from my house and that road has the power lines that feed all the subdivisions
in this area.

Berry W6EZ