[RFI] Power inverter RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Power inverter RFI
From: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:14:32 -0400
I bought a "Vector" brand 350W power inverter (12V DC in, 120V "modified sine wave" out), intending to use it for Field Day to power devices that cannot run on 12v directly (such as the SteppIR controller and perhaps even a rotator), but it generates a lot of RFI at frequencies apparently varying as it warms up and as the load varies.

It's in a metal case, so I thought it might be reasonably quiet. It seems I was wrong.

Anybody used one of these things and managed to shut it up?

Alan AB2OS