Re: [RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC
From: n0tt1@juno.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:00:03 +0000
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:24:09 -0800 (PST) "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
writes:

> One of the things people are always told in regards to RFI/TVI is
> "keep your own home clean".

In my view, that's 100% correct.

> To make matters worse,
> even
> if I wanted to replace the tv I wouldn't know what TV to buy since
> all tv's are "legal" although some are less susceptible to TVI than
> others.
> How do you know in advance?

One could openly carry a small portable radio into a  store to check
before buying a product, but most stores offer a money back
guarantee/no hassle refund....just save all the packing material, etc.

At least then, the TV could be checked out at your location to see
if it operates they way *you* think it should.  If it doesn't, take
it back to the store!!!  Make sure the return ticket they store clerk
writes states the real reason for return and *not* something like
"Customer doesn't want"!!  Something like "Causes (or is
Susceptible to) Radio Frequency Interference" would be more
appropriate.

73,
Charlie,
N0TT