[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 19:08:39 +0100
James Hall wrote:

>The logistics will be interesting to do as you suggest - crawl into the
>rafters above in what will be approx. 115 degrees F to a point about
>15- 20 feet down the coax and coil up loops of coax and tape/bind them
>up - and hope I have enough coax to do it (ah, but easier to add coax
>at the END !!).  Well, I'm still linber enough to do this.

Since you need lights up there anyhow, can you pick a cooler time of
day... or night?

> One question - what diameter should the loops be ?

Given the total length of cable and the number of turns, you're sure to
get the diameter right because you don't have any choices! Just make a
big flat coil, like you're coiling up rope.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'