[RFI] DSL Modem / Line and RFI?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] DSL Modem / Line and RFI?
From: Herb Rosenberg <herbr@netcom.com> (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:27:48 -0800 (PST)

I recently had a Pacific Bell DSL line installed, and I seem to be having
a problem with severe RFI from my 40, 80, and 160 getting
into the DSL line, and disrupting my connection to the
internet when I operate on these bands.

I have tried KCOM line filters, the two line modulars ones,
that are four wires, and have placed them in line with the
from the DSL modem to the wall jack, without any improvement. I have
tried both the .5 - 3. mhz, and the 3 - 30 mhz ones, with no improvement.

I am now thinking that maybe the rf is getting into the line
from the point the dsl line comes into the house, and along
the inside line running to the wall jack, but I don't really
know for sure.  I really need to solve this, as it causes me
to repeatedly drop my internet packet connections when I
operate on 160, 80 and 40.

If anyone out there has any particular experience dealing
with resolving rfi and a DSL line, I sure would appreciate
hearing from you.

Thanks.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com