[RFI] RFI into a microphone

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI into a microphone
From: kboswell@aetn.org (Kelly Boswell) (Kelly Boswell)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:21:22 -0600
Hi gang.  My colleague at Idaho Public Television is asking for suggestions.
An AM station gets into his microphone lines.   Reply to me, I'll forward.
TNX
Kelly Boswell, Arkansas Educational Television
KA5MGL
kboswell@aetn.org

Thought I would throw this one out to you all.  We're in pledge right now( who
isn't?)  And I have a terrible problem with the local (2 miles away) am radio
station getting into my mics.  I  have actually measured about 400 millivolts
of rf coming off of our lighting grid !!  Any ideas on how to get rid of this
problem?  I have used bypass capacitors on the mic lines, tried extra
grounding, and tried no grounding, all to no avail.  I'm stumped as to what to
do.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was a nice station to listen to, but it plays
pretty old stuff!!  (just kidding!)
Any ideas would really be appreciated..

Rich Van Genderen, Idaho Public TV

--