NA-User

[NA-User] Dave Pruett K8CC/SK

To: na-user@contesting.com
Subject: [NA-User] Dave Pruett K8CC/SK
From: "Paul N. Gayet AA1SU" <AA1SU@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 17:45:44 -0500
I copied this from another reflector.  I thought it would have appeared here by now.

Dave Pruett K8CC  passed away Dec 29th
He was the author of NA contest software.
He discovered a useful Yagi design in the late 1980's which he called the
CC-5 on a 3/4 wave boom and was published in NCJ.

Though slowed in recent years by health issues, Dave was a very significant
contributor to the contesting community. He was a long time member and past
president of the Mad River Radio Club, author of the NA contesting logging
software, a log checker for the ARRL 10 Meter and 160 Meter contests, and
chairman of the Michigan QSO Party. He built and operated, both as single-op,
and multi-op, a very competitive contest station in Ypislanti, Michigan.

Dave's obituary is at:    David Alan Pruett Obituary - Visitation & Funeral
Information (uhtfuneralhome.com)

https://www.uhtfuneralhome.com/obituaries/David-Alan-Pruett?obId=19477910#/obituaryInfo

The Zoom meeting mentioned there will be held at 1:00 pm EST on Monday.

Personally, I purchased a book from Dave many years ago at a local Hamfest here in Vermont.
It was Low-Band DXing by John Devoldere, ON4UN (2nd Edition).
I saw Dave a year later at the same Hamfest, and he was all apologetic to me because the newer edition came out right after I bought the book. I told him that I wasn't too worried about it because I figured not that much would have changed anyway. Plus, I don't read much anyway.  I recently cracked the book open to learn more about Beverage antennas.

I just checked my log and saw that I have worked K8CC multiple times from 1998 to 2017.

--
73
Paul N. Gayet  AA1SU