CT-User

[ct-user] CT Ethernet Network Question

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CT Ethernet Network Question
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:33:24 -0500
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to troubleshoot a network problem. I have 3 PCs running CTWin9.92 with Ethernet. The first 2 machines work fine, all spots show up in the packet windows, gab works, and rig control works and displays in the alt-J display. The 3rd machine is not talking with the others. The settings are correct, but there must be another problem. Also when I attempt to ping the 3rd PC it timeouts. All adapter cards have the green light, I have double checked the slot for each. I tried a different cable to the 3rd PC. Any suggestions? Also tried releasing/renewing the adapter card address with winipcfg. All PCs are running Win98 SE. Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers for 3rd PC adapter. I'm thinking perhaps I have a problem with the adapter.

1st PC                          2nd PC                  3rd PC
TCP/IP                        TCP/IP                   TCP/ip
10.0.0.30                    10.0.0.20               10.0.0.40
255.255.255.0           255.255.255.0         255.255.255.0

CT Settings
Station 1                    Station 2               Station 3
TNC on Com2             TNC Remote          TNC remote
Rig on Com1               No rig                   No rig
Log names unique for all 3.
All other settings same....ie category, etc.
All 3 PCs using the -enet at the end of the properties line in the shortcut.

Any suggestions or ideas? Am I overlooking something obvious?
Any help appreciated.
73 Darrell AB2E