CT-User

[ct-user] Urgent help needed!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Urgent help needed!
From: cahaba@cahaba.net (Cahaba Internet)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:22:13 -0500
Here's hoping this is the only such post made here in the aftermath of
Field Day 2002.

------

HELP - please.

One of our club's FD operators uses an ancient 8086 laptop with CT version
8.27.
The laptop has one of the finest screens for daylight viewing you've ever
seen, and
works flawlessly with CT.

The operator managed to work a few dupes by mistake and ran the RMDUPES option
to generate a new.bin with no dupes.

The software created NEW.BIN, saved the old file as BIN.OLD and removed the
previous
FD2002.BIN file (!)

Attempting to read the new.bin file generates a prompt that the file 'is not a
version 8 log and that 7to8 must be run to convert it.

Running 7to8 corrupts the devil out of the file.

Anyone have any ideas how we can extract the data on the original bin file?

... or anyone willing to help us with this?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Levey - WA4FAT
Birmingham Amateur Radio Club