CT-User

[ct-user] Two questions - One re: ft-1000d and Two re: ic-765

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Two questions - One re: ft-1000d and Two re: ic-765
From: djones449@cogeco.ca (David Jones)
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:57:25 -0400
Hi,
One...I've downloaded and installed 9.73 and, with FT-1000D rig control, I
find the following:
a) CT will not pick up what mode the radio is in when I first launch the
program.
b) Switching the mode on the radio itself will not cause CT to follow.
c) The FIRST Ctrl-F1 or F2 changes the mode ONLY in CT, but not on the
radio.  Then with each subsequent Ctrl-F1 or F2 the mode indeed alternates
in CT and on the radio, but because of the first NON-change, it is now
reversed.  CT reads one mode, the radio another.  If you compensate by
changes just the mode on the radio (which, as mentioned in "b" is NOT
followed by CT), the same process begins again with a first "false start".
d) Having done "c" several times, I also find that direct entry of a
frequency and <enter> will indeed change the frequency, but also the MODE
too?
*** Computer is p-200mmx booted to DOS.

Two...Also a problem with any version of CT (must admit, I haven't tried
9.73 with it yet though) and IC-765, again with rig control:
a) Rig control doesn't appear to function, yet works perfectly in OTHER
programs (ie: LogEQF).
b) CT returns a "Radio is not echoing" fault at the bottom of the screen.
Everything appears to be setup properly?
Other software, through same comport (com2, irq3 - default) seems to
function fine?

Any answers?
David VE3STT
ve3stt@rac.ca