CT-User

[ct-user] Computer controlof radio - what should I see?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Computer controlof radio - what should I see?
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 13:47:50 -0500
At 12:25 PM 11/04/1999 -0500, 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

>I am trying to get communications going between my new OMNI VI+ and CT9.45
>(I also tried 9.27 and 9.38b).  I know that the computer sees the radio
>because when I use the terminal program in DOS I see lots of stuff coming
>in when I twirl the radio's knob.  I used COMTSR2 (the radios on COM2) before
>launching CT and initialized the program for the OMNI VI (and also tried
>the ICOM 735).   Where should I see the frequency information on the CT
>screen?  How do I set the radio's frequency using CT?

ALT-J will pop up a little window showing the last frequency on every
band.  As you tune the dial, this window will update with whatever CT reads
from your VFO.

To set the frequency, type it into the callsign field, i.e.:

         142475

which would set the VFO to 14,247.5 KHz.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ad1c/    <---- new home