CT-User

[ct-user] Re: DxBase Importing

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: DxBase Importing
From: J. Lennox" <jlennox@mindspring.com (J. Lennox)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:03:11 -0500
Curt,

Thanks for the information.

Your solution about the Offset is correct if someone insists on using the CT
BIN file import option.  The offset field should be blanked out or, set to
zero would also probably work.  We made this a user option because we felt
that at some point CT would once again change the way they store date/time
data in their bin file.  Several years ago, no offset was required.  Then
they made a change and suddenly a seven hour difference occurred.  In
response, we modified our import utility to allow a user to specify the
offset in minutes to compensate for this.  Now, they seem to have changed it
again such that no offset is required.  It's like trying to hit a moving
target.

Our final response to this issue was made about six months or so ago when we
added an ADIF import option to our Import98.exe utility.  We published this
patch on our web and it's still there.  Those who wish to import CT into
DXbase 98 should insure that they use the ADIF option.  No user options need
to be set and the date/time are imported exactly the way CT exports them.
Import98.exe complies with the ADIF standard, so if CT generates an ADIF
standard file ( and we think it does ) then users should have no trouble at
all.  We have had many folks test this and all reported that it works just
dandy.

Please pass this info along to anyone who might be having difficulty.  I
would also again reiterate the importance of occassionally checking our Web
Site or subscribing to this reflector.  We have published info about using
ADIF many times here, so someone who subscribed would have known about all
this and thus avoided the trouble.

Thanks Curt.  Appreciate the note.

Jack