CT-User

[ct-user] Re: Poll rate ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: Poll rate ?
From: Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc@ibm.net (Bill Coleman N2BC)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:02:46 -0500
My original msg:

>Using 9.37 (taking a break...) I'm getting frequent "no response" nasties
>from the TS-850. Entering "POLL" does not take me to a poll setting
>routine....   I know this used to work, but it may have been ages ago on V8
>that I did this.   What am I doin' wrong?
>
>THX and CU in the contest.  73, Bill   N2BC

This was not too clear - likely too many dits and dahs running thru my
head...

The TS-850 to CT connection is working fine,  I'm just getting frequent "no
response" messages.  Some years ago when using a TS-940 I would modify the
poll rate to limit these. Now under 9.37 the "POLL" command does not seem to
work at all. When I enter "POLL", CT treats it as if it were a call. Didn't
CT used to open up window for the poll rate in seconds?

Thanks all    Bill N2BC