CT-User

[ct-user] CT, Pentium II and you.......

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT, Pentium II and you.......
From: Gary A. Nieborsky PE" <k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:03:23 -0800
Rod, W7OM, posted a note re: memory problems after booting to DOS after W95
loads.

I replied to him that I didn't have this problem with my latest and
greatest byte burner.

My reply was this: "Ok.....I'm using 9.37 on a 300Mhz laptop and a 350Mhz
Compaq (dual PII's)
with no problems."

Well as fate would have it........

Saturday at about 2050z the kids needed to use the laptop that I use for
contesting (Dell Latitude CPi).  So out it went and in came its identical
twin  (same software, hardware).  Lo and behold it won't work!  CT gives
the blue screen of death! Insufficient memory!

It's 2054z and I'm accelerating rapidly towards panic so out comes the
back-up back-up laptop loaded with 9.10a.  It works!

My question is this:  what's the problem?  I'm talking identical clones
here right down to the serial numbers being one different.  My only thought
is that one of the Dells goes to work with me and may have some form of IS
police software running on it in a stealth mode.  CT works fine in a DOS
window though except for a funky pause problem as W95 polls things like IO
ports (only happens when you need F4 to work immediately...like when a mult
is CQ-ing).

Any random thoughts?

Gary K7FR